Thursday, March 27, 2008


WHEN NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

I get caught up in what I think is important in life. having a perfect home, being a perfect mother, wife, daughter, friend. I am imperfect. I am flawed. But what I do have is love. The past few days I have felt weak in spirit. I cannot do it all. But I can love. My little two year old was up all night coughing with croup. Feeling helpless to deal with the pain and suffering of your own child is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. He looks at me with these suffering eyes that say "do something mommy". All I can do is hold him as he cries, and now, watch him sleep on the couch. He means more to me than my heart can hold. But today it all makes sense, I know why I am here, I know what I can give. He just needs to be held, and everything else can wait.

1 comment:

Cori said...

what a beautiful post Chel, I totally just found your blog from Kristen's...I love looking at all the photos of the kids...man, they grow up too fast!!